The Quick and Clean Guide to Going Solar: Want to install home solar? Here’s what to do.Millions of Americans are installing solar. It’s a way to:
- Lower electricity bills
- Enjoy stable and predictable energy prices
- Support the nation’s energy independence
- Help ensure clean air and water
There’s never been a better time to install solar. While New Mexico electricity rates typically increase by about 5% annually, the cost of solar has fallen by 54% since 2010. Add in the current 30% federal tax credits, and solar is a bargain.
Going solar is easier than you might think. Here’s a step-by-step guide.
1. Contact Us for a Free Solar Analysis: Positive Energy Solar’s experienced professionals, will meet with you to understand your solar goals, provide solar design options for your home and show you how much you can save on electric bills by going solar.
2. Pick Your Financing: With a solar system, you are purchasing 25 years of electricity at a rate that is lower than what you are paying today. The savings and return make it a great investment. Even with financing, monthly payments can be lower than your current electric bill. We offer you two financing options:
- Loan: We can connect you with great financing for your solar, including 5 to 20- year plans with as little as no money down. You’re still eligible for tax incentives when you purchase a system this way.
- Purchase: By making an upfront investment in solar, you can avoid paying electricity bills for the 25- year life of your solar system.
3. Permit and Install Your Solar System: We’ve installed thousands of systems for New Mexicans and are experts in design, permitting and installation. Our project manager will take care of all the details to get your solar installed including securing permits and inspections and keeping you informed throughout the process. We’ll even help with your HOA process. Permitting typically takes 30 to 60 days, and then installation of your home solar system is complete in one or two days.
4. Guaranteed Performance: We guarantee that the solar system will provide the design output and we warranty our workmanship for 25 years. On top of that, SunPower panels carry a 25- year warranty, the best in the industry. You’ll rest assured that you’ve made a good investment and you’re producing your own clean, reliable, affordable power.