Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in New Mexico
Currently-- with our high service demand-- we are only installing EV chargers in conjunction with solar electric systems.
When you’ve decided to go green and get a clean electric vehicle, it is important that you also use the cleanest source of power to fuel it. With existing solar panels, the EV charging portion is easy.
Whether you have just purchased your new car or are planning on getting one in the near future, Positive Energy Solar will install a solar electric vehicle (EV) charging station on your property.
Home EV Charger Installers Licensed by Tesla®
We are Tesla® Recommended Electricians and are licensed to install high-quality EV chargers manufactured by Tesla®, a leader in the energy industry. More than that, all of our New Mexico installation experts are fully trained, highly qualified, insured and bonded, and experienced to install EV charging stations for your vehicle.
What Are the Benefits of EV Charging Stations?
Having your own EV charging station gives you a faster, more efficient charge than using an outlet in your home. Your carport or garage can also be a hub for guests, friend, and family to charge their own electric or hybrid cars.
Just as commercial EV chargers are used to provide power to cars parked at hospitals, schools, hotels, or retail centers stand out from places without chargers, your home will also benefit greatly from having a personal charging station when and where you need it.
How Solar-Powered EV Charging Works
In the pursuit of a cleaner and more sustainable future, solar-powered electric vehicle (EV) charging stations have emerged as a powerful solution. At East Bay Electric, Inc., we are committed to harnessing the sun's energy to fuel our transportation needs.
At the heart of solar-powered EV charging stations are photovoltaic (PV) panels, commonly known as solar panels. These panels are designed to convert sunlight into electricity using the photovoltaic effect.
Here's how it works:
Solar Absorption: Solar panels consist of numerous solar cells made from semiconductor materials. When sunlight hits these cells, it excites electrons, creating a flow of electricity.
Direct Current (DC) Generation: The electricity generated by solar panels is in the form of direct current (DC). This DC power is then collected and ready for conversion.
While solar panels produce electricity when exposed to sunlight, the energy production can be intermittent due to weather conditions and time of day.
To ensure a continuous and reliable power supply for EV charging, energy storage systems come into play:
- Battery Storage: Excess electricity generated by solar panels during the day is stored in battery systems. These batteries store the surplus energy for use during the night or on cloudy days when solar production is reduced.
- Inverter Conversion: Energy stored in batteries is typically in DC form. Before it can be used for EV charging or any other electrical applications, it is converted to alternating current (AC) using inverters.
The charging infrastructure of solar-powered EV stations involves components that facilitate the connection between the solar-generated electricity, energy storage, and EV charging:
- Charging Units: Charging units are equipped with electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) that communicates with EVs to provide power. They ensure safe and efficient charging of electric vehicles.
- Grid Connection: Solar-powered EV charging stations are often connected to the electrical grid. This connection allows surplus solar energy to be fed back into the grid when not in use, earning credits through net metering.
- User Interface: Charging stations are equipped with user-friendly interfaces that allow EV owners to initiate charging, monitor charging progress, and make payments where necessary.
How It All Comes Together
When an electric vehicle is plugged into a solar-powered EV charging station, the process is straightforward:
- Sunlight Harvesting: Solar panels capture sunlight and convert it into electricity, which can be used for charging immediately or stored for later use.
- Battery Backup: Energy storage systems ensure a consistent power supply, even when solar production is low or during the night.
- Charging EVs: The stored or real-time solar electricity is supplied to the charging unit, which then charges the electric vehicle.
Solar-powered EV charging stations represent the marriage of renewable energy and sustainable transportation. By harnessing the power of the sun, we can charge electric vehicles cleanly and efficiently while reducing our carbon footprint. At East Bay Electric, Inc., we are dedicated to advancing this technology and providing eco-conscious solutions for a greener future.
Our Customers Are the Priority
We are committed to providing the highest level of service to our customers - We've built our reputation on it, and it's what has made us a leader in solar and EV charging solutions throughout New Mexico. Read more from our happy customers, then call us to learn how we can help you too!Testimonials